Monday 25 August 2008

New Job

Well today was the start of the new year for me.

I began my third year of my degree, which just so happens to be my placement year. So in order to complete my degree I have to spend a year in industry, and so I am working as a Web Developer in the University of Ulster. At least that is what I was led to believe. After my first day I'm not 100% sure that is actually my job title.

There were three of us and we started at nine. We went straight to HR to fill/hand in the necessary forms. We got our staff photographs taken and were led down to our office. I was pleasantly surprised to discover we are in the same office, and not separated into offices with older people whom we are unfamiliar with. Anyway after a short introduction and explanation of the job we went for a tea break. We started our first jobs after this... Building Computers from Ghost images.

Not exactly Interactive Multimedia Design, but a handy tool I guess. We were rebuilding the machines to suit our needs. We only got two machines done before heading for lunch, and then back to the room. We installed the Adobe CS3 Suite and then basically sat around until the end of the day.

So nothing to exciting, but all in all it seems okay. I'm now under the impression the year will entail more than I was aware.

So just a wee short one tonight. In other news due to a lack of requests I'm merely going to post a ingle blog summarising my Euro Trip.

Till Then

God Bless
Peace

1 comment: