Thursday 3 April 2008

It's a Wonderful Life!

Have you ever see that 1946 Frank Capra film, starring James Stewart, "It's a Wonderful life"? Of course you have, and if not, then you have most likely seen the many different adaptions of it. The man wishes he'd never been born, and his wish is granted, and he gets to see what life would be like without him.

Well the main character in that film is George Bailey. His Childhood dream was to travel the world, see everything, do everything. However anytime his chance came up, so did a problem at home, which he would always stay to fix. Well, I'm feeling rather how George Bailey must have felt. Everytime My chance to travel comes up, so does a hurdle.

"I'm shakin' the dust of this crummy little town off my feet and I'm gonna see the world. Italy, Greece, the Parthenon, the Colosseum. Then, I'm comin' back here to go to college and see what they know. And then I'm gonna build things. I'm gonna build airfields, I'm gonna build skyscrapers a hundred stories high, I'm gonna build bridges a mile long... "

Back when "World Youth Day" was meant to be in Germany, I couldn't make it. I was meant to go to China with my school, a problem arose and they wouldnt let me join. This year, my friends will know, I was meant to spend six weeks as a volunteer in Thailand. However due to medical reasons, I can't make the journey. To say the least I've been a bit skeptical about the whole thing. On further reflection upon my Character likeness I came to a realisation. In the end It came to pass that George had helped so many people in his life, by making sacrafices. Well This has put me in a more positive mood. My hopes are that, even though I can't be off as a volunteer this year, I may still be of some help to others back here at home.

I'll keep ya posted on the progress.

For Now God Bless and Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment