Sunday 27 April 2008

Saturday Celebration

Who: Taize Brothers What: Taize Celebration Where: St Ann's Cathedral When: Saturday 26th April 2008

Yesterday was, put simply, one of those unexpected days which upon reflection, you just have to thank God for. It did start as a fairly normal day, I got up and went to Work at half one like every Saturday. Afterwards I shared Lunch with my sister and then I went over to St Ann's Cathedral.

I had been looking forward to the Taize Celebration all week. It was to start with a procession from St Peters Cathedral to St Ann's Cathedral at 6pm, but as I didn't get out work until then I just went over to St Ann's for the service. I arrived at about 7pm, I entered the Cathedral, and had a walk around, sat down and had a quick prayer. When the Procession arrived I went outside to meet my Friend Martin, unaware that Brendan, Paula and Patrice were also there.

We went inside again, and myself, Paula and Patrice took a seat on the floor at the front of the cathedral. The Choir practised the Hymns and Chants for just under an Hour before the Service began. The Music was amazing, and though I only knew two of the songs, by the time the service started, I was able to sing a few. The Service was really beautiful, and we all prayed around an Icon of the Crucified Christ, before lighting candles and sitting back to sing some more. The service was really beautiful and I could have stayed there all night, however me and my friends had plans and people were starting to worry. So once the service ended we had to leave. So I found it really refreshing, and I really enjoyed every moment.

After a short chat with Chat with Brendan we made our way to Clonard. Paula gave a lift to me and Martin. We stopped at her house for a Pizza, and then up to our friend Michael's house. It was an amazing night. It was great to see some old faces, and some new ones too. We laughed for hours, sang for hours and had Craic all night. It was amazing. I especially loved the chance to hear a friend sing some of his old songs, that I always loved. The last song proved to be very emotional, and we left our friends house at half 4 in the morning.

As I said it was amazing, and very unexpected.

God Bless
Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment