Monday 7 April 2008

If I've Learn't Just One Thing...

What:  Search Weekend
When: 4th - 5th April 2008
Where: Benburb Priory, Benburb, Tyrone

So its the day after the weekend ended, and it was a long time coming.
For anyone unaware of what Search is it is a youth group, commited to
help young people explore their faith in new and exciting ways. I've
been a member of St Clements Search Clonard for the past two and a
half years. This weekend has been postponed twice, and my faith for
it was starting to dwindle. However, as always, the Search weekend has
revitalised me, in a spiritual way. Physically I am wrecked, but all in
all, it was worth it. I had alot of trouble getting this weekend to fit
my schedule, and I was ready to give up on it. However I'm so very glad
that I didn't.

I was very much working in the background, helping the weekend to run
smoothly, and as a result I didn't get involved in much of the activities,
nor did I get a good chance to talk to our candidates, but still the Craic
was mighty. I like to think That I did work hard, and I know that as a team
we worked well together.

What I seen and heard of the candidates, it seems to me that they really
enjoyed it and were happy, that the little God inspired coincendances in
their lifes brought them there. I only really got a chance for a chat to them
on the way home, and though they were complete rockets, I believe it is exactly
what we, as Search need.

As I said its the day after the weekend ended, and I'm on a high, for the first
time in a very long time. I'm already looking forward to the next meeting.

God Bless
Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment