Friday 27 June 2008

Clonard Solemn Novena

Okay my second blog this night. I was gonna mix this up with the last blog post, but in the end thought it deserved its own post.

The Clonard Solemn Novena for 2008 concluded at half one on Friday Morning, and it was great. I've done Novena's before, I've even done the Clonard Novena before, but this one was different. I didn't want it to end. I really loved it. The theme this year was "A Life Worth Living", which is a big statement to me. Anyway I was helping out a little at this years Novena aswell. I worked the camera at some sessions, and sorted petitions every night. Some of the petitions read out by the preachers brought me near tears, and the session I attended on Tuesday did. I was so glad to be in the Organ Balcony at the time so that no one noticed. I just thought the whole thing was fantastic. So much work is put into it. I am sad to say I missed two days, for Christy Moore and Def Leppard. I've made the Promise not to miss a single day next year.

In general I think there are so many great people involved with Clonard, and it really does feel like a community, of which I am not yet a member, but felt so incredibly welcome. I won't start telling stories, but I suggest you attend next year.

http://www.clonard.com


God Bless
Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment