Friday 27 June 2008

Rock N Roll + Folk

Well its half one on Saturday Morning. I've not managed to fall asleep, and so I've switched on to listen to some tunes. I haven't blogged in a while, but then Its not like anyone actually reads, or cares, what I have to say on most these matters. My last two blogs have been a tad "political", though Naively so.

Well I never got them blogs up, and so I've just decided to mix them all up. I'll start with the Music side of things.

The first of the blogs was to be entitled "I forgot about roll", but needless to say it never surfaced. It was meant to describe my feelings after goin to see "White Lion" in the Rosetta Bar. I gone off the "Rock Rails" recently as it has been a while since a new band has come around that I have enjoyed, and as a result I commonly say these days I've gone off rock. However it seems I forgot about the Roll side of things; Alcohol Fuelled, Sex Driven Rock and Roll. Anyway the gig was great. The first band that came on were called "Crimes of Passion", and sounded like they wanted to be from the 80's. The next band, Stormzone, could rightly have been from the 80's, and of course White Lion ARE from the 80's. It rocked. Just a week later I went to see Def Leppard, Whitesnake and Black Stone Cherry. Whitesnake seemed to forget they had got old, and kept talking about how "big" they were, and they didn't mean the music. Def Leppard had got old, and just didn't give a dam. They Rocked.

Mid Week I journeyed to Dublin yet again. I have a soft spot for that city. In the words of Damien Dempsey its the "Apple of my Eye". Speaking of which the reason I made the journey this time was to see Christy Moore, Damien Dempsey, Jinx Lennon and Paula Flynn. I really enjoyed it. Though eating in that city will bleed you dry. I went down early on the morning of Thursday the 19th. I booked into my room in "Isaacs Hostel". If your looking for a basic hostel in the heart of Dublin, check them out. Great staff, but maybe abit more pricey that you would like. Too me it was grand. I spent the whole day wandering with my Camera. Stephens Green is a great place for amatuer photographers in the city to play about. I got some good shots. So come 5 I reckoned I should get food, and then off I went to the gig. I was using Google maps to find my way. Here is a little warning, aviod Google maps if possible, they do not work. I eventually found the gig after walking in circles, being completely ignored by Garda, and being heckled by kids. The show was great and I got some good shots, considering I've never done gig photography. The bar was dry, due to Christy being a "T Totaler". Jinx Lennon didn't impress the crowd, but I found him entertaining, though he should come with the warning, not suitable for the easily offended.

God Bless
Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment