Sunday 1 June 2008

Eight Days Since The Week Ended...

So This Blog post is a Day and a half late; I had intended on posting it last night, but I didn't get home until 3am. Not a good time to blog. So basically this is a re-cap of the week that just past. Its the second week in a row I have felt the need to do this, which makes me happy. To explian the title, its been eight days since the last one.

So its the first of June, imagine that. Feels weird, but I'm happy enough that May was so good to me. I'll have to thank God for the Month of May. This closing week was great. We'll start with last Sunday. As I mentioned in a previous post, I started this week by going to my Friend, Aslinn's birthday. It was real good craic. We met up around two, and drove out to her home in Crumlin. When we got there she had just left to pick some one else up. As a result we were led out to the back where we waited Patiently. Now I can't tell you why, all I know is the craic was mighty. Now I said Patiently, but in truth it wasn't long before we started sneaking food which was meant to wait for the party. Aislinn eventually arrived, and our friend Chris, who I'd like to thank for driving us, changed his plans so he wouldn't have to leave so soon. It was great craic.


I'll not go into mondays excursion, I blogged all about it two posts ago. Its entitled "
Road Trip '08 (Part Two)". Again however I can't explian why It was so much fun. I can only make an attempt, as its impossible to capture the ecstasy you can find with friends. So... I'll move on to Tuesday I guess. Every Tuesday I go and sit for an hour in my church, to pray and read. This week was no different, and I always enjoy the feeling. That night however wasn't your normal Tuesday night. I made my way to Clonard, as usual, to attend Search, my youth group. Joe from The Gathering Drum joined us for a session, so we spent our Tuesday night in a Drum circle learning some stuff and jamming on African style hand Drums and Percussion instruments. It is amazing craic. I'd definitely suggest that you give it ago. Joe is a lovely guy, and it was great laugh. So check out the website.

Okay So Wednesday rolled around the corner, as Wednesday often does at that point of the week. Every Wednesday I have the same routine. I make my way to Clonard Monastry, and I sit in "Christ the Redeemer Church" and reflect or pray. After this I make my way to the Springvale centre on the Springfield Road where I work for the Intel Computer Clubhouse. I help Children to learn valuable skill on the PC, using programs such as Macromedia Flash, or Adobe Photoshop. Unfortunately they don't have the new Adobe CS3 Suite. Anyway this Wednesday Routine was a little different. Instead of going to Clonard, I met a Friend, Vicky, whom I know from work. We went to this Prayer room in Town, that I had wanted to go to, but not alone. So she brought me round, which I'm thankful for. It was brilliant. Its a pity its not a full time feature of the City Centre. It felt really peaceful, despite hearing people chatting, or passing traffic. I really loved it. Also I was lucky enough to get a Good Night out to Auntie Annies with some old Friends I hope to see more often.

I have completely forgot what my Thursday entailed.

Friday proved rather pointless, as all I did was work. Why can't the fun last forever?? Saying that I am blessed that I have found a job that I'm happy with. The Work isn't hard, all the people are lovely and the pay isn't bad. Especially when I compare this to the years I gave to Au Naturale. The people there where still lovely, but the "suits" seemed to care little for the people. The pay was minimum minimum wage. Yes, I typed minimum twice on purpose.

So I'm going to Lourdes in September, and I had a meeting this week. I was late. I don't like to slander anyones reputation, but I will never use Bridge Cabs again. Everytime I've used them has been an experience I'll tell ye. But I thought since I was in the Depo it would be okay. I was told ten minutes, and it was just under an hour before I gave up and left. I was late for my meeting, but just in time for the Ice Breakers. I Love Ice Breakers. Anyway the meeting was good craic, and I just can't wait to make it to Lourdes this year. I've never been, but I've wanted to for years. After this myslef and some friends went out to Fibbers again. Evveryone seemed to have fun. It has given me some things I think I need to reflect upon, and change within myself. Strange I know, but that is how I felt.

Oh and Laura Stevensons CD arrived on Saturday too, and it is an amazing CD. Its Melodic, Sometimes Sombre and always Beautiful. A fantastic collection of tunes. So if I EVER remember what Thursday entailed I'll edit this post and add it in here. Please don't be offended if it involved you, who ever you are, I'm just having trouble putting my week in order. Due to the length of this I must leave it here.

EDIT: SO I am an awful fool. I blogged about my Thursday already. I went to see Treasure Island, and you can read about that in my blog, creatively entitled "Treasure Island".

So Essential Links for the Week ahead folks:

The Gathering Drum: http://www.
thegatheringdrum.com
Clonard Monastry: http://www.clonard.com
Intel Computer Clubhouse: http://www.computerclubhouse.org/
Laura Stevenson: http://www.myspace.com/laurastevensonmusic

God Bless
Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment