Saturday 24 May 2008

Anti-Everything

So I'm sitting watching the Eurovision. Ireland aren't in it, and as usual the political voting is well underway. Since the Balkan and Soviet states joined the voting is easily predictable. Anyway thats not really the reason I began to blog.

In work recently a girl said to me, "Bless Chris you just care about everything" and so the joke continued that I was gonna change the world. I'd have to say she is right though, when I stopped and took note of all the Social problems I'm activily trying to bring awareness too, from the outside I must actually appear to be against everything. This, along with my 20th Birthday, lead me on to a reflection period on the 7 teenage years past.

I don't think anyone has went through as many music, personality and dress code changes as myself. Not that I mean I've been fake in anyway; ever. I just mean I've been influenced in many ways, from many places throughout my teen years. I've been a punk skater, Metaller, Rocker etc. My taste in music has stretched and I now listen to just about everything, and with this my dress code has become less and less focused. My main focus in life was clearly music during my younger teen years. My mind now is split equally; 50% Music 50% Social Justice.

My new stage in life is to be Anti-Everything. I'm Anti Coca Cola. Coca Cola have a history of Human Rights abuse. Workers at a bottling factory in Guatemala were killed in the 1970's, in the 80's the showed support for the South African Apartheid Governing System and in the 90's supported Nigeria's Abacha regime. Current Colombian workers along with their Union are promoting a Boycott of Coca Cola cliaming crimes of intimidation, illegal detention and other social crime. In India they are accused of "excessive water consumption, pollution of local wells and destruction of agriculture".

I'm in support of the Boycott for the Beijing Olympics. The boycott is to bring awareness and change to the Tibetian people, who suffer a lack of human rights under Chinese rule. I don't eat in McDonalds because, ontop of the Health Issues, they are official sponsers of the Beijing Olympics. I don't use Dove because they test on Animals and they don't sustain the forests they use. I don't use Loreal or Pantene because they test on animals. I'm against the current Finnish government due to an unfair attempt to force legal abortion in Nicaragua. I also believe the Irish people should vote No to the Lisbon Treaty.

So there you go; I am Chris, New Model Out 2009

God Bless
Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment