Friday 23 May 2008

Fibbers, My Birthday, Football Fever and Indy

So its 1:48 am on Saturday the 24th of May. Ireland are playing a friendly against Serbia today. I'll miss it cause im in work.

This post is just an amalgamation of a few things I've wanted to say recently. So far I've just used this blog to memoir big occasions, but tonights blog is a bit of an aimless ramble just before I go to bed.

This has been a pretty good week past. I'll start with last Friday. We went out to Fibbers in Town for a night of good ole fashioned Irish Music, to entain the visting Germans. Freddie was there, a guy i met at Flip Flop Friday, so it was nice to see him again. After the end of the Night we went to Tesco's, which was suprisingly entertaining. The best part of the night was the random decision to go back to Saint Clements Retreat House (Antrim Road, Belfast). From reading previous posts you may have picked up how much I love this place, and that it is technically closed to the Public. We sat listening to tunes, and passing stories back and forth before everyone slowly faded off to sleep. It was real good and I had a good chat with a friend.

So I'm now 20 years old. As of Tuesday the 20th May. It was a day I wasn't really anticipating. A few days beforehand I decided to get in touch with all the old school group, whom I hadn't seen in a long time. It was great to talk with old friends, learn new things about eachother, and most importantly to Laugh like we'd never drifted. I loved it.

Football fever gripped me six weeks agao when I seen how passionate my father was, at hearing Celtic probably wouldn't win the league. I began to watch the matches of the following weeks and I was gripped. I found myself losing my voice for all the shouting, as Celtic made a miraculous come back and won the League by 3 points on Thursday Night.

So the new Indiana Jones movie is out. I have anticipated this movie for a while. I Loved the originals and all the secrecy around this release intriged me. I saw it last night. I honestly thought it was fantastic. I won't say it was the best Indy movie, and the ending could have been better, but damn was it good. The original Indy films were "Action for the sake of Action" and this was no exception. I highly advise.

God Bless
Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment