Monday 26 May 2008

Road Trip '08 (Part Two)

  1. Firstly its 10 past 12, I'm just in, I'm sunburnt and I've been travelling all day, so excuse any grammar or spelling mistakes.
  2. Secondly you'll notice this is part two. Where is part one you ask? Well due to a high level of Coursework deadlines I missed part one.
  3. Parties Involved: Jolene, Chris, Nicki, Martin, Paula, Michael, Ronan, Michael and Emma

So I went to a friends house to celebrate her Birthday. She was having a BBQ and informed us that it would start at three, and so we were there at around three. She wasn't there, and didn't actually arrive until we near had to leave. The Craic was mighty none the less and she made it intime for us to say happy Birthday, have a bite to eat and then we had to leave. Anyway during the discussion I was informed that my friends were taking a second day trip and I was asked to go. Gratefully I agreed. My friend told me that we would be on the road for around ten.

So this morning came and I was up and ready to leave for Ten. However I wasn't picked up until 11ish, as my mates estimate was wrong. We went to pick up another mate who wasn't even out of bed. It was half 11 before we got on the road. 7 of us between two vehicles. It was great.


We took the coast road to Carnlough, and stopped to sit on the wall and have a chippie. Another friend arrived, and on we went. We stopped for a chat and photographs on some pier, which seemed to be a popular spot to stop for Fishing. After a short while here we drove on to Ballycastle. We bought a "Fling Ring" Frisbee and an Irish Rugby ball. We had a quick game of throw about, but the wind proved too strong, and so we moved on down to the beach. Apart from a short while "standing" in the water we spent most of it on the sand relaxing. From here most of the group had a meal in a resturant, while two of our group sat on a wall having Pizza. We met up again afterwards for more photos and laughs and then back to the car.

From here we drove along the coast road to White Park Bay where we stopped at another beach. It was beautifully positions at the bottom of a grassy hill, and we only found it because of our German friend telling us we should go there. The Sand was smooth and white; The Sky and Sea were a lovely shade of blue. It was beautiful. We played ball and generally had more laughs. We had hoped to make the Causeway, but time didn't seem to be generous enough to admit us that far.



So we headed back to Carnlough. We had Ice Cream and met up with Chris' Brother. After we all got to cold we went back to Ronan's House. Which was very welcoming. Our friends Michael and Emma where there. I even got to play on a Strat. Schweet!
From here we came home. It was a great day, and I'm hoping for "Road Trip '08: Part Three" to be very soon! Until then...

God Bless

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment